Project Wonderful

Nov 26, 2009

Maguindanao Massacre




I join the whole Maguindano, the whole Philippines and the whole world in its condemnation of the brutality of the killings that happened in Maguindanao. I feel strongly for the residents there who cannot speak out of fear for their lives and of their loved ones. I feel strongly for the journalists who were killed in the line of duty. This is close to my heart, as my younger sister is currently studying to become a journalist. I never knew that this career would be as fraught with danger, as proven in this massacre. Or maybe this is just in Ampatuan town, where the powers that be fear no one: Law, God or Man.

Let us all join hands and let the whole world know that we condemn this act of impunity. Let us not rest our pens and voices until the criminals are put to jail, and justice served.

No comments:

Post a Comment