Jan 29, 2010

Losing Weight while at the Office



One of my goals for this year is to lose weight and I have taken steps to ensure that I achieve it by enrolling in a gym. Fortunately, we have one right here at the office, and the charge is very minimal. We even have a sauna! So I am able to run at least 3 kilometers from Monday to Friday. However, other than going to the gym daily, I try to do these things to lose weight while I am at the office:

1. Use the stairs as much as possible. We are at the 42nd floor of this building and it would be foolish to use the stairs from the ground and up, but we have three floors internally, and I use the stairs as much as possible.

2. Walk around the floor during snack and lunch time. Even while waiting for the microwave to finish heating the food, I can go around the floor twice already.

3. Avoid snacking, especially my favorite garlic-flavored Chippy and Coke. I try to eat fruits, or some healthy and filling snack like diet shakes.

4. Drink plenty of water. I have a big bottle, a one liter sports bottle. Since its cool inside the air conditioned office, we sometimes forget to drink enough water. Not only do I feel full after drinking water, I also have a clean bladder and nice skin!

These are just some of the things that can help us lose weight even while working. If you can add some more things to help us burn some more calories, please do share so we can all have a healthy body!

1 comment:

  1. =)) gOOD lUCK--We had a contest last year (November) like the Biggest Loser---I almost won (I lost 10 lbs in 2 mos)but sadly---the winner was an officemate who lost 20 lbs=)).
    Part of what I did aside from regulating my carbo (rice, bread,etc) intake is to make use of the stairs, and walking around the office during lunch breaks=))

    ReplyDelete