Mar 19, 2010

Friday Quotes: Words



"Be careful of the words you say,
Keep them short and sweet.
You never know, from day to day,
Which ones you'll have to eat."

They say that words are mightier than the sword and I have to agree. We sometimes utter words that we do not realize are hurtful and cannot be taken back. That is why we should always be careful of what we say. While we must make sure to always speak truthfully, we should also have consideration for the feelings of others. We must also remember that we may have to take back what we said if we are wrong so we must make sure that what we said was not hurtful. I am sometimes guilty of saying hurtful words, especially when I am mad so I am looking at some articles on anger management. I am checking out Article Alley for some good reads on this topic. I also have to invest in some books. I know that I need to manage my temper and to learn to speak more kindly. I may also need to look for articles on how to speak my truth in such a way that they are not unkind. Sometimes, people listen to the truth more when it sounds quite right on their ears, and not when spoken so brutally!

1 comment:

  1. This is a pretty quotes thanks for sharing. Mine is up too...

    ReplyDelete