Jun 10, 2010

What Will You Do If You Win $100?

Levy asked us to answer the question "What will you do with $100?" as part of the mechanics of her Thanksgiving contest and here is my plan.

Win$200

I am going to Boracay this July 14-17 with my husband Noel, kids Drexelle, Danniel and Denise, my mother Mila and sister Kris and mother-in law, Caridad. That is a total of 8 people: 6 adults and 2 kids.
Unfortunatley, this is going to be a budget trip. We have only recently enrolled 3 kids and my sister. There are books, supplies and uniforms to buy and we have just finished(not finished, finished) building our house last May so money is a little scarce. Truth be told, we have already asked the kids if they want to go ahead with the trip or not. Though they said its okay not to go Boracay anymore, my husband and I decided to go ahead with it and just see what we can do budget-wise. Now, I am looking for the cheapest accommodations (but comfortable, of course) I can find for all of us. We will just take a van from the Kalibo airport to Caticlan and charge the additional travel to experience, he he. I will cut cost as much as I can, but I want them to experience the gastronomic experience that Boracay has to offer. I want them to experience a buffet lunch or dinner at a restaurant of their choice. I want to have our meal chosen fresh and cooked with us watching right there at the Talipapa. I want them to taste the fruit shakes that Boracay is also famous for. I want them to drink fresh buco juice while snorkeling or island hopping. In short, I want this trip to be memorable not just for the wonderful white beach, but for the wonderful gastronomic experiences as well. The family that eats together, stays together as my mother is fond of saying, so should I win the $100, my family will surely get to eat a lot in Boracay!

So Levy, please let me win already! You wouldn't want these kids to starve, would you?

And you wouldnt like it when your mother and mother-in law fight over a slice of cake, right so I have to make sure that there is enough food for them, ha ha!

My husband and I promise to give you a kiss for your generosity. A sweet kiss like this one!

And my sister sends her regard too (you know what that two-sign means because I would love to know), ha ha!
So, there. I would spend the $100 in food for our Boracay trip in July. If you like this post, please head over to Levy, and tell her to make me win already. Or better yet, join here awesome contest!

PS. Please LIKE my post at http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/dinah.ladao
Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Having a trip would be a nice idea too. Goodluck to us!

    ReplyDelete