Sep 21, 2010

Do What You Can

I don't know if my husband believes President Roosevelt when he said, "do what you can, with what you have, where you are." But looking at the picture, you can be sure that he does. He used scrap wood left-over from his sister's house to design a home entertainment system! I say perfect decor! This is our house in Montalban, which was flooded by Ondoy last year. We are slowly building it again and we were there last weekend to apply some first coating of paint. The house is in no way ready for display, but we love it fiercely because its our own and the product of our sweat and tears, ha ha!

I just love what my husband did and although its not sturdy and is actually due for a re-design, I love how he tries very hard to make do with what we have. I am not one to complain and we are teaching the kids the same. They also love what their father did and while it was not perfect, it is perfect in our eyes! But yes, we are sure to buy a new entertainment system once we are ready to move in the house. In the meantime, we will try not to bump it lest our TV and sound system falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment