Apr 11, 2011

Mellow Yellow Monday: Meet My Father

MellowYellowMondayBadge

This is the yellowish picture of my father. It is in my grandmother's house in Batangas and since we were there last weekend, I took a photo of his framed photo. He was a sergeant at the Philippine Army when he was still alive. But he went AWOL for some years before he died. I was only in high school then, living in Pasig with my mother and he was in Batangas with my sister.
This is the only picture I have of my dad and I feel suddenly so lonely that he didn't get a chance to meet my husband and kids. But I am sure to tell my kid's stories about my father so that they will know him as a person, and not just a man in a yellowish picture.

3 comments:

  1. It's a priceless photo of your father...

    ReplyDelete
  2. he was once a great man for sure. it is sad but at least his memory will be kept alive in your heart...

    mine is up:grab a glass

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, that's alright sis, I bet your dad is happy where he is and his spirit is watching you and family. :) My Yellow Monday

    ReplyDelete