Oct 28, 2011
Oct 26, 2011
Here are some rocks formation surrounding the waters. These islands are in Coron, which is less than an hour by plane from Manila. The people are very accommodating and the prices are so cheap that we each spent just P3,500 ($85) for a 3 days, 2 nights stay.
Please do come and check out the Philippines!
If you ask people for the reason why they get phone lines, the most common answer would be convenience. They do not want the hassle of having to load their prepaid phones when they suddenly ran out of load. However, if you ask me,more than the convenience, there are two things that I take into consideration when I choose a plan: connectivity and savings. Cellphones are now a must at work and most of the time, it sis part of employee packages that we get. However, we pay for the same connectivity for our family. Therefore, the plan that I will choose must give me the following benefits:
1. Must be easy to own with no contracts and other hidden charges and requirements.
2. Must offer great phone selection to keep my kids interested. I want a phone with features like camera/video recorder, web access, app capabilities, mp3 player, and full QWERTY keyboard and other cool apps! It is also an incentive to make the kids responsible for their phones and usages.
3. Must have great coverage and reception especially when kids go on camping and out of town trips.
4. Must have flexible monthly plans like a 200 minutes for under $30.00, or even a low $9.99 for 50 minutes. This will enable me to track usage and budget for the family's cell phone plans.
5. Must offer international calls as cheap as local calls.
And what do you know, my requirements are all available to me at TracFone and I call that Senior Value! And think I am just in time to get my family a plan to get us ready this summer so that we are ready to Get into Everywhereness and stay connected!
To check out available phone and more in this video:<embed flashVars="playerVars=autoPlay=no" src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/7531976/pixelated_episode_3_axe_me_later.swf" width="440" height="248" wmode="transparent" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" name="Metacafe_7531976" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed><div style="font-size:12px;"><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/7531976/pixelated_episode_3_axe_me_later/?source=playlist">Pixelated Episode 3: Axe Me Later</a>. Watch more top selected videos about: <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/topics/The_Guild/" title="The_Guild">The Guild</a>, <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/topics/Metacafe_Video_Games_Original/" title="Metacafe_Video_Games_Original">Metacafe Video Games Original</a></div>
Oct 25, 2011
Oh, and with that bear looking at him like that if it was real, my son would be miles away from the poor bear! Ha ha!
Oct 24, 2011
But that is one big stuff toy and had we won it, I would have a big problem thinking of where to put it, ha ha!
Oct 23, 2011
Baby Posh is having a giveaway and I am joining. The mechanics are very easy:
1. Blog about the contest and post the banners on the post and on the side bar. Get the banner codes here.
2. Some link lovin! http://babyposh.info and http://forever-aegi.info/
3. Submit all the requirements on the rafflecopter on her blog.
4. Gain more entries by doing all the requirements!
So easy and the two winners will win the following:
-1 Victoria Secret Love spell set (body spray,lotion, body wash)
-1 Victoria’s Secret Victoria’s Secret Pink, Pink With a Splash All-over Body Mist
-1 set Harajuku Lover’s Wicked Style Mini Rollerball Coffret
- 5 Bath & Body Works pocketbac sanitizing handgel
$20 through paypal account.
I love tweeting! It is like shouting out loud your thoughts to the world and hoping to make a difference. I get so excited when people I follow reply to my tweets and thank me for caring about issues in the country. I also always reply to good and useful tweets to make them aware that they are making a difference somewhere. Twitter also makes me aware about news and latest information and during one typhoon, it made me aware of whats happening in my old hometown. This exchange of information makes me passionate about tweeting. Unfortunately, my current phone plan does not make tweeting easy. And so does my ancient phone! Glad I heard about Straight Talk because I want The power of Android on my hands! I want a phone plan that will cut my bills in half and with no contracts and assorted fees. I want a free android phone so I can download all the games and apps I want, specially those for tweeting. I want to Feel Richer with Android, what with only $45/month for unlimited use. I an even choose an all you need plan to better manage my usage. With this plan, I can save enough for that DSLR that I have been drooling on. More materials for my blogs and tweets and all because of a smart plan with a smart phone! You may check out this
The Straight Talk Image... by LittleBard95 to see more about what these phones offer! This
The getting richer effect has expanded... by LittleBard95too!
Oct 21, 2011
On October 31, 2011 Pinoy Recipe will be giving away Gadgets to lucky PinoyRecipe.net Readers
The prizes are:
- 1st Prize: (1 unit) Apple Ipod Shuffle
- 2nd Prize: Sun Cellular Broadband Internet USB Modem with Free 45 hours or US$30 Gift Card via Amazon
- 3rd Prize: (1 unit) Logitech Wireless Mouse M215 or US$20 Gift Card via Amazon
- Consolation Prize: 3 pieces PinoyRecipe T-Shirts to 3 PinoyRecipe.net’s readers.
(Contest is Open Worldwide, other country residents will receive their Apple Ipod Shuffle from Amazon.com and the other Gadgets will be replaced by Amazon Gift Cards )
Contest Mechanics: ( Please follow the Contest Mechanics and Contest Rules carefully to avoid disqualification of entries )
Required Steps to join the contest:
- 1] Subscribe to the new PinoyRecipe Newsletter Don’t forget to validate your email subscription. ( we abandon our Feedburner email newsletter, we are now using MailChimp mailserver. If you are not receiving newsletter from “MailChimp mailserver” then you need to subscribe here), If you’re already an email subscriber please proceed to step #2
- 2] Become a fan of PinoyRecipe.net on Facebook If you’re already an FB fan, please proceed to step #3
- 3] Become a fan of Philippines Tech and Gadget and Reviews on Facebook If you’re already an FB fan, please proceed to step #4
- 4 ] Fill up the OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM here. ( Step 1 & 4 = 8 entry points )
- 1] In your Facebook status message tag Pinoy Recipe. ( 3 entry points ) Here’s the tag information:
Like @Pinoy Recipe and Win these Gadgets, Apple iPod Shuffle, Sun Cellular Broadband USB Modem or Logitech Wireless Mouse
- 2] Blog about the contest – ( 8 entry points ) You can copy this SAMPLE BLOG POST (click here to view), please make sure that the sponsors link and the link back to this post is working or your entry will be disqualified.
- 3] Follow PinoyRecipe.net on Twitter ( 2 entry points )
- 4] Tweet this giveaway on your own Twitter Account( 3 entry points )
Copy and post this to your Twitter account:
Join PinoyRecipe’s Gadget Giveaways and Win an Apple iPod Shuffle, SunCellular USB Modem or Logitech Wireless Mouse http://bit.ly/pJxVWA
- 1. Contestants are required to do all steps under Required Steps.
- 2. Only one (1 ) Twitter accounts is allowed. ( You can twit this contest only once on your account)
- 3. Multiple Blog post is also allowed on different blog sites (if you have many blog sites you can post this contest on your blogs, one post for each blog, your blog site must be 3 months old newly created blog site will be ignored )
- 4. If you are not a Blogger but you have a Facebook account this is your chance to get more raffle entry points. You can daily update your FB Status and earn 3 entry points for each update. Just type in this message (or copy paste) in your FB status:
Like @Pinoy Recipe and Win these Gadgets, Apple iPod Shuffle, Sun Cellular Broadband USB Modem or Logitech Wireless Mouse
Tip: You can have a Total of 24 Entry Points if you will do all the Mechanics and Bonus Points at the start, but you can still add more entry points if you will daily update your Facebook Status by tagging this contest.
The PinoyRecipe.net’s Gadget Giveaways starts September 5 and ends on October 31, 2011. All entries should be in by midnight (Philippine Time). Each point is equivalent to one raffle entry that will be put into the list of entries (more points = more entries). The winner will be chosen using Random.org’s List Randomizer and will be announced the following day, November 1st.
What are you waiting for? Join now!
"If you love the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain'' is my FB status for the day. I am just remembering recent fights with my husband and it is true that after a fight, love is much special. Sweet is the word that comes to mind when I think of him. Maybe he realized that for me to stop imagining things and being jealous, all he had to do was make me feel a lot more special to him. And he does that now, and I am as secure in his love more than ever.
Yep, its cheesy but its true. It is indeed sweet to be loved by the one you love!
Oct 20, 2011
This is one dream dish for me, meaning I want to learn how to cook this too!
Oct 19, 2011
Taken at Star City during our family day.
Oct 18, 2011
To earn an entry to the raffle, simply "like" both the Noypistuff and Webhost-choice fan pages on Facebook. Be sure to like both the pages to earn 1 entry.Join now because this contest will run from October 15 to November 30.
You can also earn additional entries by doing the following (optional):
1. Write about this giveaway on your blog. (+3 entries)
2. Follow Noypistuff on Twitter. (+1 entry)
3. Tweet the link of this post. (+1 entry) (Here's the link: http://noypistuff.blogspot.com/2011/10/noypistuff-first-blogversary-giveaway.html)
4. Like "Music in My Religion" on Facebook. (+1 entry)
5. Post the link to this post on your Facebook wall. (+1 entry) (Here's the link again: http://noypistuff.blogspot.com/2011/10/noypistuff-first-blogversary-giveaway.html)
6. Like Noypistuff's Google Plus One button at the right sidebar of this page (+1 entry) (Please go to the HOME PAGE and click on the Google Plus One button at the right side bar just below the search box.)
7. Follow Noypistuff on Google Friend Connect (+1 entry)
And these are just some bags, bracelets and necklaces that are on sale at the souvenir gift shops near Mactan Island. They are so cheap, I tell you! Too bad I didn't have much budget that time.
Anyway, I know I will come back to Cebu one day soon and I will be sure to bring extra money for more pasalubongs and not just memories , ha ha!
Oct 17, 2011
Oct 14, 2011
Oct 13, 2011
Pero alam mo ba na may masasaya din akong alaala nung bata pa ako dahil sa santol? Sa Batangas kasi ay maraming tanim na puno ang aking lolo at ang lola ko naman ay nagluluwas naman nito para itinda sa Baclaran. At kaming mga apo ang taga akyat ng puno at tag sungkit ng mga bunga. Oo, naranasan kong umakyat ng puno ng mangga (malanggam), sampaloc (manipis ang sanga pero matibay) at ang santol, nakupo, ay madaling maputol ang sanga!
At nakakalungkot lang na ang aking mga anak na laki sa Maynila ay hindi na makakaranas na umakyat ng puno at mamitas ng bunga. Dahil kapag umuuwi kami duon para magbakasyon, hindi naman sila marunong! Hay, ang mga batang laking siyudad talaga ;-p
Oct 12, 2011
THE FIRST AIR CLEANING PAINT IN THE WORLD.Now, that is a great initiative and I applaud both Boysen and the MMDA for this effort. I have yet to see the other artworks from those 8 artists who toiled for us to see EDSA in this new light. I always pass by one of them which is under the EDSA-Ortigas interesection. I saw the mean that were painting this portion of EDSA but can I just say that I am kind of disappointed at this one below.Why? Because he is obviously smoking! My husband and I had a discussion about this and while I get the part about the tanks on the image above, I don't get why the man has to be lighting up a cigarette. My husband said he is a soldier or maybe a laborer taking a break and it is just right that he is portrayed as such. But I still think that we must be very serious about our anti-smoking campaign and this image is not helping us get the message across. I am just wondering if something can still be done about it. I hope.
Using an environmentally safe method, KNOxOUT gets rid of harmful NOx emissions. Titanium dioxide, which is a common ingredient in paint, can be specially modified to attack NOx. KNOxOUTs CrystalActiv technology features modified titanium dioxide that uses light energy to convert NOx into breathable air. When light is shined on KNOxOUT, it converts ordinary water vapor into a NOx killer that breaks NOx down into harmless quantities of nitrates, carbon dioxide, and water. In rendering NOx harmless, KNOxOUT prevents the formation of smog.
Oct 11, 2011
And my Danniel posing as another Indian!
More photos from our Star City Family day!
Oct 10, 2011
Postcard perfect pictures! So I am saving up for a DSLR camera as a Christmas gift to myself. Of course for us moms, gifts to self are the last ones on the list. Only after we have bought gifts for everyone can we buy a gift for ourselves without the, ahem, guilt. So to make that dream camera closer reality, I am saving up my blogging income, joining contests and hoping that I will luck out and win one! Of course, it would be a lot better if Santa will just read this post and gift me one of them babes!
Oct 7, 2011
It is best eaten swimming in gravy. Best with rice too!
Oct 6, 2011
Dahil siguro bago sa aking panlasa o sadyang masarap ang gawa ng kanila chef? Ang omelet na iyan ay halos hindi ko maubos. At ang bacon sa iba ay sadyang kakaiba! Ay talagang malutong at masarap! Isa na ito sa pinakamasarap na bacon na aking natikman!
Kung kaya't nais ko ding bumalik sa resort na ito, sa Panglao Island Nature Resort, kasama ang aking pamilya.
Oct 5, 2011
Oct 4, 2011
I want to have a home like this!