Dec 31, 2012
Dec 28, 2012
Dec 24, 2012
Dec 21, 2012
Dec 20, 2012
This is my goal for 2013: to have a life well traveled. This is from the Cebu Pacific table calendar I got from a friend. To start the year, I have a Cagayan de Oro trip with friends in January. My first out of the country trip will be in Cambodia in February. I haven't booked any family trip for next year so maybe we will just do a road trip to Baguio or Pangasinan instead. Then I will just wait for more seat sale for the rest of my travels for the year. I am so excited for next year's travels!
Dec 12, 2012
Dec 11, 2012
You know its Christmas when your office pantry is overflowing with food! These Christmas donuts made our day yesterday when we got them as gift. The snowman and the baker boy got mangled really bad as we cut them to pieces, ha ha ha!
So goodbye to our diet as we give on to Christmas food trips!
Our office building has a Ministop at the ground floor and when we crave for some chips, soft drinks or something else, it is so convenient to just go down and get something to eat. Yesterday when I didnt get to bring my lunch with me, I bought Ministop's Lasagna.
It was only P35, and for that price, I can say that it was not a waste of money. It comes with 2 soggy bread (after heating) and but it could use a lot more sauce. But it was filling and the pasta is good. But, I wouldn't buy it again next time, ha ha ha!
It is really a lot better if I bring from home my own lunch! Nothing beats home cooking! Well, at least nothing from Ministop :)
Dec 7, 2012
After 1 year and 6 months, I am again able to reach the minimum pay out required for Google Adsense! This is my second time (first time was in May 2009) to get paid and needless to say, I am very excited and very thankful! Blogging has always been my passion. I love writing about things that nobody cares about but me and things that nobody will probably read, ha ha, except for my friends. Seriously though, blogging is almost like talking to your self and thinking out loud. Some people may agree with you, some may not, and most will probably not care. But for me to be able to share these things online, and for even just one person to get something useful out of it is already an accomplishment. And now that I am even getting paid again, I just say 'Hurray for Google Adsense Earnings" and Hurray for passive income! This will add a big chunk to my Cambodia fund! Thanks Google!
Dec 5, 2012
There are food, and there are food. But sometimes, certain food reminds you of home and wonderful memories. Take this unassuming Henlin Siopao. This makes me think of my Tatay, my husband, and everybody who is strong in my life. Don't ask me why, but this does that to me.
Dec 4, 2012
I haven't been able to do a full make-over of the house, owing to the fact that I am waiting for a carpenter to make hanging cabinets before we repaint the house. So our decors are not yet out in full force. But we've hanged this 'lantern' and put out the tree! And we also installed Christmas lights outside (no picture!).
But a friend gave me this super cute Christmas decor and we had to make it the centerpiece of our Christmas decorations! Its on the TV and very easily seen and the few who've seen it, love it!
Dec 3, 2012
1. Kapag natapos mo nang basahin ang isang magandang libro, nakakahinayang. Feeling mo, nandun ka kung san nagaganap ang kwento. Lalo na kung A Song of Fire and Ice ung binabasa mo (at pinapanuod sa HBO series at the same time). Kahit na ba book 2 pa lang, miss ko na agad, lalo na at di ko pa mahanap yung book 3 onwards, ha ha ha.
2. Yung kapitbahay naming barangay konsehal, nagsabit na ng Merry Christmas na tarpaulin kagabi. At, mukat-muka mo, bestfriend ko pala siya! Yun ang sabi sa tarpaulin nya e. Feeling ko lang, kakandidatong kapitan un e. Kasi, pinarepair ung lahat ng poste ng ilaw samin, pati ung isang butas na kanal. Kung mapaparepair nya lang sana yung mayayabang nyang kamag-anak e di, baka iboto ko pa siya.
3. So, marunong na ko magdrive. Ang kaso, di ako marunong magpark. So, kumusta naman yun? Sabi ng asawa ko, di ko daw ba alam ang kaliwa sa kanan? at ang bwelta sa kabig? Ummm, can I tell him I'm lito or will he shout at me again? Ha ha ha, yan ang hirap pag sa asawa nagpapaturo at hindi sa driving school e!
4. Di ba no-rice diet ako. Mga dalawang lingo na. Pero pag weekend, puede naman ang rice basta konti lang. At alam mo ba ang kapalit ng lahat ng gutom ko? Nabawasan ako ng kalahating kilong timbang! Hay, wala na bang mas madaling paraan para pumayat? Pero di ba achievement na yun kasi December ngayon at ang daming party? He he, sige pa, isip pa ng excuse!
5. So may tumawag sa king kaklase ng high school kasi daw naholdap sya, pati celpon nya tangay. At mula sa landline nya ko tinawagan sa celpon para mangutang ng 3 libo. Ang tanong, panu nya alam number ko e wala nga daw siya sa bahay nila at nasa malapit daw kaya ako naisip nya tawagan. Ako nga di ko kabisado phone number ng ate ko e. Di kami close ha, as in since high school e 2x pa lang kmi nagkita, pero friends kmi sa FB. Anong misteryo eto. Ay, di ko sya napautang. Naputol ung linya ng telepono nung sinabi ko na 300 lang pera ko.
6. Bakit pag bagong rebond ka at di puedeng maligo, bakit ung face mo, biglang nagiging sobrang oily? Ano to, parusa?
7. Bakit pag may sipon ang tao, parang malaking sakit na talaga? Walang lasa ang pagkain, masakit ang ulo kaka-blow ng nose at iritable kasi nga ngongo na magsalita. Hay, bakit ba ko pinanganak na sipunin?
8. Pag may Christmas light ang bahay mo, buhay na buhay ang pasko no. Kakatuwa na tinitignan ng mga bata ang ilaw. pero, one hour lang isaksak ha, mahal ang kuryente!
9. Parang summer sa sobrang init ang December na ito, pero sa ibang lugar may bagyo? Ang gulo na ng panahon, parang ung mga scheme lang ng MMDA.
10. Nakuha ko yung kalahati ng 13th month pay ko nung Thursday. Tapos, holiday nung Friday at walang pasok ng Saturday at Sunday. Pag pasok ko ng lunes, 11 pesos na lang laman ng wallet ko. Magic?
11. Gusto kong magpagawa ng hanging cabinet. So naghahanap ako ng gagawa, mga 2 linggo na. Wala. May pera pa kasi akong nakalaan para dun e. Tignan mo, pag naubos na yung pera, daming darating na karpintero.
12. Dami kong naiisip na kung ano ano lang...
Nov 30, 2012
Nov 29, 2012
I wrote this letter to the local government of Quezon City after we visited the park last Sunday:
Hi, we are QC residents(Santol, QC) and frequent visitors at the QC Memorial Circle. It is our favorite park and my kids love it there. During our latest visit last Sunday, Nov 18 2012, we were happy to discover the latest addition to the park, the Tropical Garden and we are very, very happy with it. It is such an oasis in the city, and the art installations are really wonderful!
However, here are some of my observations and I wish you can address them:
1. The children's playground is not well-maintained (sira-sira na yung mga palaruan) and some are even dangerous to kids. I hope maaayos especially the swings and see-saw which the kids love.
2. Whatever happened to the playground where the museum is being constructed? Some of it are made by national artists, right? We love that old section of the park, especially the long slide and the stacked books. Sana ilipat sa ibang area ng park.
3. The smoking ban inside the park is not well-enforced. I see some people smoking and I wish you would fine them to teach them a lesson. I even saw a media personality smoking beside his van, in front of the police, while they were covering the motorcycle event, and the guy who was manning the zipline!
4. The exercise area (the yellow steel ones) are in such a state. Delikado na sa mga bata, ang daming sira! Its nice pa naman to do some exercises while walking along that part of the park.
5. Can you please put up some faucets where we can wash our hands? There are paid rest rooms but what if maghuhugas ka lang ng kamay?
All in all, I applaud the efforts of the QC government to maintain this beautiful park and we will continue to support your efforts. I have written a lot about the park at my blogs (www.bragsimply.blogspot.com) and (www.okayukay.blogspot.com). Again, thank you and more power!
and I got this reply:
I just realize that "Describe Yourself", a staple question in most interviews, is such a difficult question. How do you describe yourself really. I guess with friends, you don't need to describe yourself, its take it or leave it. In job interviews, you try to sell yourself so you only say good things. So, how will they know the real you? And no, I don't know how to describe myself either.
Nov 26, 2012
Nov 23, 2012
This is my Tatay and tomorrow is his 24th death anniversary, the same day my son will be celebrating his 10th birthday. If there is one thing that makes me sad, it is, that my father never did get to know his grand kids. And I know that he would love them to bits!
I wont forget you Tatay, and you will always be in my prayers!
Can somebody buy me this Kindle 3G already? Ha ha, was set to buy it myself but I have to save for that trip to Cambodia so this has to wait, again. Its only USD139 on Amazon.
Nov 20, 2012
Nov 19, 2012
During our recent trip to Boracay last October, this tree caught my attention. It is a dead coconut tree, but the hotel owner breathe life into it with this beautiful carving! It was really eye catching, what with all the yellow! Too bad my photographer(my husband) didn't get the full tree in this picture!
Nov 16, 2012
Nov 15, 2012
Christmas is just 41 days away so I guess we are all preparing (or for some like me, dreading) the Christmas parties, especially the presentations and games. Of course, since Pinoy Henyo is now the pambansang laro ng Pilipinas, here is a funny one from our forwarded emails department:
Dalawang ngongo sa PINOY HENYO:
Ngongo #1: Nao ma to?
Ngongo #2: Hine!
Ngongo #1: Lungar?
Ngongo #2: Hine!
Ngongo #1: Mangay?
Ngongo #2: Mene!
Ngongo #1: Ngulay?
Ngongo #2: Hoho!
Ngongo #1: Ngulay? Hmmnn… manola?
Ngongo #2: Hinee!!!
Ngongo #1: Sinaw?
Ngongo #2: Hine! Hineee!!!
Ngongo #1: Nasa Mahay Umo ma to?
Ngongo #2: Wala! Ay! Hine!
Ngongo #1: Ngulay nalaga, ha?
Ngongo #2: Hoho! Hoho!
Ngongo #1: Ngalamasa?
Ngongo #2: Hinee!!!
Ngongo #1: Ngulay nga? Ngirap ngaman! Hmmnn… wala sa Mahay Ngumo? Amone?
Ngongo #2: Hineee!!!!
Ngongo #1: Ngami?
Ngongo #2: Hineee!!!
Ngongo #1: Ngangngong?
Ngongo #2: Hinee! Hineee!!!
Ngongo #1: Hanuuu?! Ahmm… metchay?
Ngongo #2: Hinee nga!!! Nuh ma yan?!
(Krrnggg!!! Time’s up! Ang sagot: DILAW)
Ngongo #1: Ngaasar naman! Sami mo, ngulay?
Ngongo #2: Hoho nga! Ngulay! NGULAY NILAW! Ang momo-momo mo! Momo!
Nov 14, 2012
Ito ang paborito kong suman sa buong mundo. Naisulat ko na rin sa kabilang blog ko pano gumawa neto. Ang tawag namin sa Batangas dito ay sumang dapa. Ang dami kasing klase ng suman duon e: malagkit, kamoteng kahoy, ube at iba iba pa. Pero sa akin, basta suman, eto ang the best. Kung di nga lang hihilahin ng tatay ko ang paa ko sa higaan mamayang gabi, sasabihin ko na kaya lang ako umuwi ng Batangas nung Undas ay para sa suman. Pero oo nga, bonus na magaling gumawa ng ganitong suman ang biyenan ng ate ko. At sadyang gumagawa sila nito tuwing nauwi kami.
Hindi naman ako lang ang umubos nyan. Tinulungan din ako ng anak kong si Ishi at ng ate Dianne ko. Pero kumuha pa kami, he he he. Sarap! Kung sana ay madaling lang gawin eto, di sana lagi kaming may suman pag may okasyon. Pero siguro mas maganda na rin na hindi ako marunong gumawa nito, para I have something to look forward to pag-uwi ng Batangas. Ay, kelan kaya ulit kami uuwi?
Nov 10, 2012
I took these two pictures while riding on a motorcycle with my husband on our way to San Mateo, Rizal. It was traffic, and we were somewhere along Aurora Blvd, after Cubao. Since I have my cellphone in hand, I took these pictures because I was lamenting the sad state of our streets.
And just look how many poles this intersection has. Can a specially-abled person on a wheel chair navigate this? And I am sure each of us sees the sad state of our streets everyday and we cant help but think if our taxes are really working for us. Hayyyyyyyy!
Nov 9, 2012
Nov 6, 2012
I took this photo In Tagaytay while I was on a bus going back to Manila from Batangas last November 2. I have nothing against Mr. Manalo and I wish him well too in his birthday, but I just don't understand the need for this huge tarpaulin to greet him on his birthday. The tarpaulin has the name of the mayor and I would guess his spouse, and of MMDA chair Francis Tolentino. Can I wonder out loud who paid for this tarpaulin, and what does it serve the people of Tagaytay, and even Mr Manalo, to have this plastered in the highway? If you are thinking what I am thinking, then, we are thinking the same thing (wink, wink), he he.
Nov 2, 2012
Nov 1, 2012
Sometime ago, I was given a small token that include some nail care products and it was only the other day that I was able to try them on. I put on cappucino nail polish and then the cracked nail polish, based on the instructions on the bottle. And I took a photo and forgot about my nails because I was busy. Then, when I went to work, my officemates saw my nails and said 'gosh, what is that? ha ha ha! Yes, they thought it was gross and looked like it was painted over by a kid, using a permanent marker almost out of ink! Yes, that bad. So maybe cracked nails is not for me? Hmmm, must try nail art soon :)
Oct 31, 2012
Oct 29, 2012
My daughter Ishi wants a pet. She is actually asking for a dog, but because we live in a small house, I don't think its practical to get her one. And besides, the costs of caring for dogs is way over my budget. I don't think I can spare the money for vaccines, grooming, vitamins and whatever else that you need to humanely care for dogs. Good thing my sister-in-law said that her son's hamsters recently gave birth to six more and Ishi should just her Kuya Exhcel for 2. I told my daughter that if she can ask her Kuya for the hamsters, we will buy her the cage right away.
Yesterday, she went to ask for hamsters, and of course, her Kuya Exhcel agreed and so we had to buy her the cage. But before that, she was having second thoughts because she was afraid that she might not be able to take care of them properly. Good thing we were able to re-assure her. Yesterday, she was fussing over her pets and was already telling her cousins about them. Her Kuya Drex helped her name them Romeo and Juliet and I hope that they live happily longer, he he.