Project Wonderful

Mar 1, 2012

Beware: Another Spam Email

I received this in my email last night and I am sure this is spam. I sent an email last year to Pacific Pensionne when I was planning our trip to Cebu but we did not get to stay there. And very obviously also, if ever the reservations officer was stuck in Spain and cant get home, I wont be in her list of persons from whom she would sought help. The email reads:

Hope you get this on time,

Am sorry I didn't inform you about my trip to Spain for a program,I'm presently in Spain and am having some difficulties here because i misplaced my wallet on my way to the hotel where my money and other valuable things were kept.I want you to assist me with a loan of 2,950 Euro = 4,100 Dollars to sort-out my hotel bills and to get myself back home.

I have spoken to the embassy here but they are not responding to the matter effectively,I will appreciate whatever you can afford to assist me with,I'll refund the money back to you as soon as i return,let me know if you can be of any help.I don't have a phone where i can be reached.

Please let me know immediately if you can be of help to my situation.

Best Regards,

Ms. Florence N. Calderon
Reservations Officer
Pacific Pensionne
313-A Osmena Blvd., Ceby City 6000
24 Hour Hotline: (63-927) 2579183; (63-32) 2585271 ; (63-32) 4125703
Fax : (63-32) 2558260
Email: reservations_pacificpensionne@yahoo.com
It was purportedly sent from Pacific Pensionne reservations_pacificpensionne@yahoo.com but the rest of the details are as follows:

from: Pacific Pensionne reservations_pacificpensionne@yahoo.com
reply-to: reservetions_pacificpensionne@yahoo.com
to: reservations_pacificpensionne@yahoo.com
date: Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 8:10 AM
subject: Emergency Please
mailed-by: yahoo.com
signed-by: yahoo.com
: Important mainly because of the words in the message.

Note that the reply to is now for reservetions_pacificpensionne@yahoo.com. Note that the spelling of reservations has now changed. I am lucky that I do not know this person so I am sure this is spam but what if the email came from somebody I know? Oh well, we really should practice diligence before responding to emails of this sort. So please beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment