Project Wonderful

Oct 29, 2012

Ishi's First Pet: The Hamster's Romeo & Juliet

My daughter Ishi wants a pet.  She is actually asking for a dog, but because we live in a small house, I don't think its practical to get her one.  And besides, the costs of caring for dogs is way over my budget.  I don't think I can spare the money for vaccines, grooming, vitamins and whatever else that you need to humanely care for dogs.  Good thing my sister-in-law said that her son's hamsters recently gave birth to six more and Ishi should just her Kuya Exhcel for 2.  I told my daughter that if she can ask her Kuya for the hamsters, we will buy her the cage right away.

Yesterday, she went to ask for hamsters, and of course, her Kuya Exhcel agreed and so we had to buy her the cage.  But before that, she was having second thoughts because she was afraid that she might not be able to take care of them properly.  Good thing we were able to re-assure her.  Yesterday, she was fussing over her pets and was already telling her cousins about them.  Her Kuya Drex helped her name them Romeo and Juliet and I hope that they live happily longer, he he.

No comments:

Post a Comment