Project Wonderful

Mar 31, 2014

Lent Diet


For the first time in my life, and for this Lent season, I made a decision to fast: I will not eat meat nor eat any chips. And 20 days into the fasting, I am happy to report that I am able to do it! Despite having several family occasions where we have to eat out , like during the kid's recognition day and Drex's graduation and birthday.  At first I thought it was going to be hard, but thanks to the help and encouragement of my family and friends, it is quite manageable.  I eat fish and just the soup when it is a meat dish.  I totally avoid chips of any kind! And I am halfway through now!  But unfortunately, I cannot report any weight loss, hehehehe!

Some of my meatless dishes are above: seafood pizza and pasta (eating out), my pasta with corned tuna, boiled marble potatoes, nutella(eating out), sopas ( i just didn't eat the meat), eggplant dish and cucumber! Its actually good for my digestion if I don't eat meat because I don't have gallbladder anymore so I wish I will have lesser craving for meat after lent.

No comments:

Post a Comment