Project Wonderful

Jul 14, 2015

My First Run in 2015: 10K Robinsons Supermarket Fit and Fun Buddy Run

Last July 5, I joined thousands of runners in the 8th year of Robinsons Supermarket Fit and Fun Buddy Run. This is my first run in 2015, and I hope it wont be the last. While I am having trouble with my knee due to meniscus (a tear) and metatarsalgia on my left foot, I find joy in the fact that I can still enjoy a good run.  1 hour and 38 minutes is not my best time for a 10K, but my buddy, my eldest son said he was not mentally prepared so we didn't make good time.  I have pictures on all the kilometer marker because that's where I have to wait for him as my buddy, hahahah!

The 10K packet was being sold for P1500 at Robinson's Supermarket but I was able to buy mine for a discounted employee price.  But the loot bag, 2 bags full of groceries, one for each runner, was more than enough the P750 you pay for each one at regular price.  Too bad I didn't have a picture of the contents of the bag.  And there were so many sampling booths and giveaways on the event site.

I hope I can join again next year, and hopefully, I can make a much better time then!


No comments:

Post a Comment